Saturday, September 12, 2009

Today's Date In Music History:


Camper Van Beethoven - September 12, 2008 - Pappy & Harriet's Pioneertown Palace

This return installment of Today's Date In Music History features Camper Van Beethoven recorded live at the 4th Annual Cracker-Camper Van Beethoven Family Reunion Campout in Pioneertown, CA, USA

Some of this sets' many highlights include "Militia Song"*, "Take The Skinheads Bowling", and a cover of Pink Floyd's "Interstellar Overdrive".



Listen here:



Download full show here.

... and by the way, while you're reading this, you're missing this year's fest!

* "Militia Song lyrics":
"Studied mathematics in Berkely
Now I don't like society
Got me a little old shack in the woods
Gonna mail you out some explosive goods
They say my brother's insane and simple
But he lived in west Texas in a hole in the ground
I'm the only bomber that you'll ever need
Keep the commie Californians from repressing me "


Here's a related Cracker post.

1 comment:

alfred said...

"I'm really happy for you, I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyonce' had one of the best videos of all time, one of the best videos of all time!".